Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Omission

Split to halves I am.
Their telling is greater in grief than I.
Woe be to my arrogant nature, cast me to a mountain who's weight is as heavy as my disobedience.

I swear I will salt my cup and drink from it until I am satisfied with the bitterness of my state.
My tears are better kept with strangers whose eyes glint a mother's consolation.
But here, no savior will expel this distraught.

I am caught in eternity to suffer for a suffrage I endlessly oath to have been a mistake.
To commit it twice, would make me a fool;
thrice, a coward-
who's only tragedy was to love with an intensity that caused the origins of a feeling so stubborn to flee in shame.

To banish love is a weakness,
and to love too hard is one too.
I hope I find the greater of the weaknesses in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment